Endowment funds are an investment in the future of the College. Annually, the College receives a percent of the value of each endowment to support scholarships or professorships or research -depending on the donor's wishes- and any additional income is reinvested in the fund. The principal remains untouched.
Establishing an endowed fund creates a permanent legacy at the College. A minimum donation of $25,000 creates an endowed fund.
Thanks to our wonderful alumni and friends, the College has five endowed professorships:
- The J. Roberts and Marcia Fosberg Distinguished Professorship in Pharmacy, currently open
- The R. Keith Campbell Professorship in Diabetes Care, held by Professor R. Keith Campbell
- The Dorothy Otto Kennedy Distinguished Professor of Pharmacy, held by Dr. Gary G. Meadows
- The Allen I. White Professorship in Pharmacy, held by Dr. K. Michael Gibson
- The Boeing Distinguished Professor, held by Dr. Phillip Lazarus