Doctor of Pharmacy
Pharmacy today is about caring for patients. At WSU, we are training students to be part of a health care team. You will learn the traditional practices of dispensing and compounding medications, but also be taught to give flu shots, take blood pressure, test blood glucose, communicate medical information in understandable language, assess a patient’s overall health, and more.
New Yakima location
In addition to our pharmacy program on the WSU campus in Spokane, starting August 2015 we will have a new satellite campus in Yakima on the campus of Pacific Northwest University Health Sciences (PNWU). Learn more here »
Strengths of our Program
- Washington State University College of Pharmacy is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). Click here to see full details on our accreditation.
- Your first-year courses focus on pharmacy - pharmaceutics, integrated pharmacology and pharmacy communications – compared to other schools where you study general sciences such as biochemistry, genetics, physical chemistry, and anatomy/physiology.
- Tuition is lower than private schools.
- You have the option for more intensive study of pharmacy business management and could be selected to represent us nationally in business plan competitions, where we are proven leaders!
- You have the opportunity to do laboratory research for credit.
- Our student ambassadors and professional mentors help you adjust to student life and get a jump-start on networking with the pharmacy community.
- You will have leadership opportunities from multiple student organizations on campus and nationally.
WSU Pharmacy Fact Sheet for Students
Average time to completion
Pharmacy school: 4 years
Pharmacy specialty residency (optional): at least 1 year
See our NAPLEX and MPJE pass rates
Annual tuition for 2013-2014
*Non-resident students may apply for state residency after living in the State of Washington for 12 months. Read more information on student residency »
Scholarship quick facts (2012-2013)
|Number of applications received last year:||275|
|Number of individual awards last year:||184|
|Total scholarships awarded last year:||$237,150|
(51% female, 49% male)
|Students incoming with a Bachelor's degree or higher:||69|
|Our curriculum »||PCAT info »|
|Early Decision »||Gaining Pharmacy Experience »|
|Teaching with Simulation »
||Estimate Your Financial Aid »|
Other Pharmacy Degrees: Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Science
Pre-Pharmacy at WSU: Undergraduate Pharmacy Program (University College)
The College of Pharmacy has recently relocated to the WSU Health Sciences campus in Spokane. Our proximity to the Spokane health care community and our health sciences colleagues in the Spokane University District means a multitude of unique academic and professional opportunities for our students, and providing excellence in teaching, collaborative research and scholarship is what we are all about.
Spokane is Washington's second largest city. WSU in Spokane shares the University District with Gonzaga University, Whitworth and Eastern Washington University. Plus the housing is affordable, the commutes are short, and the great Northwest outdoor recreational opportunities are close and plentiful.
Meet Robert Bryan
Is pharmacy right for you?
Find out »
Oath of a Pharmacist
Student Services Office